So how do you know when Windows Azure Access Control Services has upgraded to V2? You get federation metadata…
Or you follow the Windows Azure App Fabric team blog!
I have been waiting MONTHS for this release, begging and pleading with Microsoft to get more information on when the big day would come. Needless to say I am super excited!
This version adds:
Federation provider and Security Token Service (FINALLY!)
- Out of box federation with Active Directory Federation Services 2.0, Windows Live ID, Google, Yahoo, Facebook
New authorization scenarios
- Delegation using OAuth 2.0
Improved developer experience
- New web-based management portal
- Fully programmatic management using OData
- Works with Windows Identity Foundation
Additional protocol support
- WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OpenID 2.0, OAuth 2.0 (Draft 13)
Now to just migrate from Appfabric Labs…
Security / Identity / Federation / Azure / Access Control Services